Feb 14, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Change authentication method on a running system

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Change authentication method on a running system
Feb 14th 2013, 15:41

When I installed OpenSuse 12.2 I chose authentication against a Windows domain. The other choices at this post-installation where NIS and LDAP authentication.
Running linux with authentication through a domain has given me some problem when accessing other linux systems since my user is "DOMAIN\username" instead of just username which it has on NIS.

Is it possible for me to change my authentication/logging method without making a fresh install? In case it is possible for me to change from domain authentication to NIS authentication can I still be connected to a Windows domain while also using NIS authentication to log into my machine?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: