Feb 14, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Can't Install a Prog (gEDA) that is in the openSUSE repository

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Can't Install a Prog (gEDA) that is in the openSUSE repository
Feb 14th 2013, 14:17

Hola!

I'm new to openSUSE after years of Fedora. EDITTOADD: I'm using 12.2

I am trying to install a design program, and I have had no luck, despite a lot of googling, trying different things and banging my head. What drives me nuts is I know that it is available for openSUSE because it in the openSUSE repo:

http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...2/x86_64/geda*



The instructions for the program say: (from geda:suse_rpm_installation [gEDA Project Wiki] )
Installing Packages from the SuSE Build Service

  1. Start Yast and go to "Change Installation Source"
  2. Add a HTTP source with the following properties:

    • Servername: software.opensuse.org
    • Directory: /download/repositories/science/openSUSE_11.0/ (Choose the directory for your distribution)

  3. Start "Install Software" in Yast, goto "Search" and look for gEDA. All packages appear.
  4. Install the packages as usual.

For more informations read the generic installation notes of the OpenSuSE Build Service

You can also browse through repositories first: openSUSE_11.0 repo, openSUSE_11.1 repo. openSUSE_11.2 repo.





When I try to use yast to install, not only is it not in there, I can't get the repos added.

Anyone have any ideas?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: