Jan 9, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Which folder for ready to use apps?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Which folder for ready to use apps?
Jan 9th 2013, 13:09

Dear all,
I have downloaded the following program from here
http://languagetool.org/download/LanguageTool-2.0.zip

that as you can see it contains all the files needed for running this application. More precisely I need to execute from the command line the following

java -jar LanguageToolGUI.jar


1) Where to extract the folder and keep it there? I want to go to applications folder but in linux there are few places for that.
2) That place should be visible from my normal user and
3) how to make an executable file that executes the: java -jar LanguageToolGUI.jar

4) where to put it so when I press in my xfce alt+f2 in the prompt there I can type the names program to start.

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply
Regards
Alex

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: