Jan 9, 2013

openSUSE Forums: cannot use USB on virtualbox

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
cannot use USB on virtualbox
Jan 9th 2013, 13:29

Hi guys,

I've just installed Virtual Box for my OpenSUSE 12.2, KDE4.9. I added myself to vboxusers group, installed VirtualBox Extension Pack. I also checked that there's a file 60-vboxdrv.rules in folder /etc/udev/rules.d/. But when I come to virtual machine (Windows XP), it detected the USB but grayed out in the menu bar, so I cannot use it.

Thanks for your helps!

PS: Below is the content of file 60-vboxdrv.rules
Code:

KERNEL=="vboxdrv", NAME="vboxdrv", OWNER="root", GROUP="root", MODE="0600"#these two lines give access permission to vboxusers to properly work with usb nodes, this could be security risk (bnc#664520) !!
#
#SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device",ATTR{devnum}=="?*",ATTR{busnum}=="?*",SYMLINK+="vboxusb/$attr{busnum}/$attr{devnum}",RUN+="/usr/bin/setfacl -m g:vboxusers:6 /dev/vboxusb/$attr{busnum}/$attr{devnum}"
#SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device",ATTR{devnum}=="?*",ATTR{busnum}=="?*",SYMLINK+="vboxusb/$attr{busnum}/$attr{devnum}",RUN+="/usr/bin/setfacl -m g:vboxusers:6 /dev/vboxusb/$attr{busnum}/$attr{devnum}"

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: