Feb 15, 2013

openSUSE Forums: yast2 disconnect with files?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
yast2 disconnect with files?
Feb 15th 2013, 20:37

OK.

I changed some things in ifcfg-ra0 (my usb plug-in wifi nic). These were different from what I had when I set up the nic originally using yast.

I have just run yast for that nic and the value for the essid is shown as the original one. Huh?

I changed the MTU setting, using yast, for the wlan to 4096 (max for 802.11 is 7900-odd) to see if it would improve bandwidth use. Check ifcfg-ra0 and... the mtu setting is blank and ifcfg tells me that mtu is still 1500 (the ether v2 value).

I change ifcfg-ra0 mtu value to 4096, reboot and ifcfg tells me that mtu is indeed 4096. Yast tells me mt is 4096!

I am confused here. How come some stuff can be read from ifcfg-xxx (or is it sample from ifcfg?) and some not. Why is an mtu setting made in yast not carried through to ifcfg-nic?

Yes, I am willing to get into a testing thing with the yast guys.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: