Feb 15, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Bootsplash vanishes after some time

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Bootsplash vanishes after some time
Feb 15th 2013, 20:56

I am new to Linux and just upgraded to openSuSE 12.2 from 12.1. The boot-splash used to tear up just before the list of users appeared. I installed ATI fglrx using 1-click install. However, something went wrong and Gnome started in fallback mode. I uninstalled the driver from YAST. However, now the bootsplash vanishes after showing for some time. All else works as usual. How can I fix this?

I am running openSuse 12.2 on a Compag 621 Laptop with an ATI Radeon 530v graphics card. the computer is configured to dual boot SUse and Windows 7.
I also found this in dmesg if it might be of any use:
"fb: conflicting fb hw usage radeondrmfb vs VESA VGA - removing generic driver"

Thanks, in advance.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: