Feb 16, 2013

openSUSE Forums: V12.2 64: How to use search

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
V12.2 64: How to use search
Feb 16th 2013, 15:41

I want to search the entire file system for a file.

Using gnome, I click on the filing-cabinet icon on the desktop and a file-manager program opens.

By "checking" go/search_for_files, a search toolbar opens, and I type the name of the file, then press enter.

As a test case, I search for a known file, but the file manager doesn't find it.

A search results toolbar appears with location and File_system drop down windows, additional search criteria can be added using the + (plus) sign.

Pretty simple, but I can't find an option to search the entire partion for a file.

What am I missing?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: