Feb 14, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Unusable openSUSE VM after upgrade.

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Unusable openSUSE VM after upgrade.
Feb 14th 2013, 12:37

Hallo,
My setup is the following:
Host: Windows XP 64bit, on a dual Xeon E5130 CPU with 8GB RAM and NVidia Quadro FX3500 card
Guest: openSUSE 12.2, 32 bit
Hyper-visor: VMWare Player 5.x
Guest Conf: 2vCPUs, 3GB RAM
Problem: Extremely slow KDE.


I run my openSUSE 12.1 from day 1 of it's release with reasonable speeds under VMWare Player 4 & 5.
The previous Friday, I decided to upgrade the 12.1 to 12.2 via zypper.
Everything was fine, except of the speed.
First I thought that the problem was 4.8, so I upgraded to 4.9, the same version of KDE as I had in 12.1.
Nothing. When I change windows, I can see how are painted in the screen! It needs over 2 seconds to render the title bar on a full screen application!
So, I need your help to find what option causes my PC to be that slow. Downgrading from 12.2 to (eg) 12.1 is not possible.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: