Feb 13, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Second CPU not recognized

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Second CPU not recognized
Feb 14th 2013, 02:12

I've been searching for a while and clearly must have my terminology in a big mess when it comes to the whole CPU / Processor / Core thing but in any case.

I am running a Dell precision T7600 box with 2 Intel Xeon chips, that's dual 8 core chips. For whatever reason I can't seem to get the other to show up.

I've run the various commands that check if it sees the second chip.

I booted on my windows partition, and that sees all 16 cores. I even thought I might have messed something up in the bios when I turned off hyperthreading but that seems to be of zero help. (32 cores show up when I am in windows but still no luck in linux with hyperthreading enabled). My BIOS shows 2 8 core processors, pretty much everywhere except linux....

I've tried a command along the lines of acpi=off.

I am unfortunately tired and out of ideas of what it could possibly be. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I am running opensuse 12.2

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: