Feb 15, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Does anybody know what the "SUSE" way is of using samba 4 as and ad controller

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Does anybody know what the "SUSE" way is of using samba 4 as and ad controller
Feb 15th 2013, 14:34

Hello all,

I want to use my opensuse machine as an samba active domain controller.

I already found this page
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
Which works, great if you wish to build samba from scratch each time that an update arrives.

But the good people of opensuse have decided to not include the samba-tool and a whole lot of other tools that the guide mentions in their build of the samba4 rpm.
So I am entirely in the dark on how to get the ad controller working.

I tried these repos for my samba4 rpms :
Index of /repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE
Index of /repositories/network:/samba:/TESTING

I also looked at the other user build repos, but they are either outdated or not fully functional yet, and to be honest, I rather use opensuse default repos to make sure they don't bite the other rpms.

I've also looked at this nice appliance, which does NOT use the standard samba4 rpms provided by the above mentioned repo(s).
Excellent Samba4 Appliance – SUSE Gallery.
Very usefull temporary solution that really is a script that does the compiling for you, which you need to tweak for your own use.

As I said, I already got it working compiling it from scratch and using alternate unofficial user repos.
But I would like to know how to deal with it the suse way so that my setups don't go kaploof when the official rpms start biting my setup.

So did anybody figure out how to do it the suse way ?
Rob

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: