Feb 13, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Configuring Apache on OpenSUSE 11.3

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Configuring Apache on OpenSUSE 11.3
Feb 13th 2013, 09:10

Hi all,

I've recently started working for a research group at a university and have been tasked with setting up a website for them. I've created the website but for some reason it can only be accessed from within the campus. The server it is hosted on is running opensuse 11.3 and I am able to remote into it from anywhere using ssh. Pinging the url of the website comes back with the correct IP address but all requests timeout. I am new to linux and apache but since I can remote into the server, my best guess would be that the problem lies within the apache or firewall configuration. I have googled for hours and have yet been able to find anything that solves this. Any help will be much appreciated. I've never had to set up apache before so the problem could easily be something basic.

Thanks in advance for any help offered :)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: