Feb 13, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Application to automatically open flash videos in smplayer from the browser?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Application to automatically open flash videos in smplayer from the browser?
Feb 13th 2013, 19:22

I have an old P4 system but I have a Nvdia card capable of vdpau. The result is I can watch 1080p HD videos fine with acceleration but when I watch flash videos it's all horrible and choppy since Flash no longer supports vdpau on Linux without using an old version (or am I wrong?).

I already know how to use smplayer to play youtube videos and I can do that and it works great. But is there a firefox extension or anything that will allow me to input an url or otherwise press a button or something and automatically open a flash video in mplayer without having to first download the flash video? IOW, I'd like it to be hassle free and would want it to be possible in one step.

If not does this seem like a good application to anyone else?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: