Feb 12, 2013

openSUSE Forums: 12.2 postfix routing problem

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
12.2 postfix routing problem
Feb 12th 2013, 14:24

Hello :)
I'm trying to set up postfix to route all mail to certain domains to a server defined in /etc/hosts like so:

[local IP] exchange.local exchange

This is an assp install, which is all working fine apart from inbound email which I want to be delivered to our exchange box

I have added the following lines to /etc/postfix/transport
domain1.co.uk smtp:[exchange.local]
domain2.net smtp:[exchange.local]

I have also configured KMail to point at postfix for testing so I can be sure that outbound mail routes correctly, but any email sent to domain1 or domain 2 returns an error in /var/log/mail as follows:

dsn=5.4.4, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=exchange.local type=AAAA: Host not found)

Which is strange because I can ping exchange.local and get replies from the correct IP, and I can telnet exchange.local 25 and see the SMTP dialogue.

I _think_ this is a problem with how I have network/routing/hosts set up in SuSE rather than a postfix problem so I'm asking here first. Does anyone have any clues for me?
thanks very much in advance.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: