Dec 15, 2012

openSUSE Forums: Trouble starting samba server

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Trouble starting samba server
Dec 15th 2012, 17:47

I have an old desktop running OpenSuse 11.4, and I've recently installed samba. I can't seem to get the smb daemon or the samba server to start.

Code:

adam@linux-hihn:~> sudo /sbin/service smb stop
root's password:
Shutting down Samba SMB daemon  Warning: daemon not running.                            done
adam@linux-hihn:~> sudo /sbin/service smb start
Starting Samba SMB daemon                                                              done
adam@linux-hihn:~> sudo /sbin/service smb status
Checking for Samba SMB daemon
adam@linux-hihn:~>

After reading though some of the information on here I went into the Novell AppArmor control center and set the services to "compain" instead of enforce.

What else is wrong?

I've done some other configuring of Samba in Yast. Do I need to type in the NetBios name?

I was also able to view the status page in SWAT. It says the nmbd is running, but smbd is not running, nor is winbind. I guess pretty much the same information I got from the command line.

Any help is appreciated. I've been tying to get samba working on this box for days now.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: