Dec 13, 2012

openSUSE Forums: Suse 12.2 freezing during the last stage of installation

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Suse 12.2 freezing during the last stage of installation
Dec 13th 2012, 22:27

GREETINGs
Let me get some help before I declare Suse 12.2 a waste of time.
I had problems with suse 12.3 because it was outdated and no-longer being supported. I posted that query here and I was advised to migrate to suse 12.2, which is the latest. Yesterday I bought a Suse 12.2 install DVD and decided to do a fresh install (not upgrade)
I used my old partitions for installing this same version (of course they were formatted again by the installer).
The installation went well, and then the machine had to reboot in order to go to the next and last stage that would complete the installation (the last stage is labelled as 'Automatic Configuration'). However, when the system comes to this stage, it runs upto the middle (as shown by the progress bar) and then freezes. Nothing happens or progresses again even if you leave it there for hours. I have tried restarting/rebooting but nothing changes.
You get a box telling you that the previous installation failed and will ask you whether you want to continue with it or not. When you click retry, you go back to the same issue. If you click no, Suse Linux will 'boot' and the login box appears but despite entering the correct user name and password, Suse tells you that the authentication failed. If you have installed Suse, am sure you know this last stage am talking about.
What is the problem? I can reinstall suse 12.3 without any problem.
I have tested the installation DVD and it is Okay
I have had about acpi and that this prevent certain linux systems from running. Could this be the problem?
what is wrong with this suse thing?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: