Dec 14, 2012

openSUSE Forums: HELP New user, no sound: Acer 5830tg with Conexant CX20588

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
HELP New user, no sound: Acer 5830tg with Conexant CX20588
Dec 14th 2012, 13:54

I just installed the latest openSUSE on a new machine dual-booting with windows and found myself with no sound; I have never had this issue with other machines on Ubuntu (although it looks like I would with this Acer 5830tg) and spent hours into the night attempting to fix it to no avail. I've never had to deal with Alsa before so many of the commands and "install this" or "go there" are new to me. Anyway, I've followed the official Intel HDA soundcard help from this site as far as I can, but have had no results. I have no sound with speakers or headphones. I would deeply appreciate any help that could make this as painless as possible.

Here's what I have from my latest run of alsa-info.sh:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e6...6a69d1337f10bb

I appreciate it very much. All my hopes and dreams of using Linux on my new computer (and trying openSUSE for the first time) count on you.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: