Dec 15, 2012

openSUSE Forums: Dropping to grub console

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Dropping to grub console
Dec 15th 2012, 07:01

Hi,

I had a system with window 7 and opensuse 12.2. I installed windows 8 on it and laptop went straight to windows when it booted. I followed the instructions on SDB:Repair MBR after Windows install - openSUSE. Now when it boots, it drops me straight to the Grub Minimal Bash-like console. I tried

Code:

find /boot/grub/stage2
and got hd0,2 so,

Code:

root (hd0,2)
Code:

setup (hd0,2)
messages look right, but when I reboot, I get the console again.

I could just reinstall opensuse again, but I want to avoid that if possible.

Thanks,
Joon

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: