Nov 7, 2012

openSUSE Forums: Is Gnome running behind KDE?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Is Gnome running behind KDE?
Nov 8th 2012, 00:33

Hi everyone. Machine: OpenSUSE 12.1 with Gnome3 and now KDE4 installed.

So I had only Gnome3 for a long time installed but grew tired of its limitations and wanted to jump back to KDE. Wife loves Gnome so I just installed KDE on this system following this guide: SDB:KDE install - openSUSE

Everything went fine and KDE works great. The only issue that I'm experiencing is when I log out of the KDE session, my Gnome desktop briefly flashes on the screen! Almost like Gnome is running behind KDE. I can take a cell phone vid if anyone is that curious. Is Gnome running behind KDE? If so, how do I make it not run? Don't need two desktops running at the same time.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: