Jan 13, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Why are some packages in the Tumbleweed repo older than those in the Current repos?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Why are some packages in the Tumbleweed repo older than those in the Current repos?
Jan 14th 2013, 04:34

For example, right now PackageKit is 0.7.4-2.16.1 from the Current repos, but in Tumbleweed there's 0.7.4-2.5. So if I do a "zypper dup", I get the one from Current and not the one from Tumbleweed (since it picks the one with the higher version number). Is that the correct behavior?

One interesting note is that if I "switch system packages" to Tumbleweed, the text works correctly during the boot splash. In contrast, if I do a "zypper dup", which switches a number of packages back to Current repos (since the version numbers in those repos is higher), the text on the boot splash is broken.

So, basically I guess what I'm asking is, am I supposed to just trust that "zypper dup" gets the correct packages, or should I be forcing it to use the ones from Tumbleweed even if it thinks they're older?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: