Jan 14, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Opensuse 12.2 / VB 4.2.6_OSE cant auto shutdown cleanly VMs on shutdown/reboot

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Opensuse 12.2 / VB 4.2.6_OSE cant auto shutdown cleanly VMs on shutdown/reboot
Jan 15th 2013, 00:09

Hello,

I am relatively experienced with Virtualbox on window$ but I am now working them on linux, the problem is that I cant figure out how to make the virtualbox VMs to shutdonw cleanly (gracefully) when I shutdown/reboot my linux server.

The thing is every time I reboot the VMs windows I have running tellme the havent shutdown properly (so its like the VMs never savestate or acpishutdown... they just poweroff like plugin the electricity cord out)

I read virtualbox main forums and opensuse virtualization forums looking for everything like "shutdown" but cant get with a solution or hint that helps my way with this.

I am testing vboxtool, I can autostart the VMs but on shutdown nothing changes. Also I read vbox manual pages CH9 about autostart, but too little info.

So, if someone can give me a hint or experiences about this... thank you very much!

S.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: