Jan 13, 2013

openSUSE Forums: gdisk (gptfdisk) on openSUSE live system. PLEASE VOTE UP!

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
gdisk (gptfdisk) on openSUSE live system. PLEASE VOTE UP!
Jan 13th 2013, 09:02

I don't need to say that I made my own port of this program (because that's another one which was not available for openSUSE as I started using it). The version in my repo might be a little bit newer as well. But no matter how you call the package, gdisk or gptfdisk, this program by Rod Smith (GPT fdisk Tutorial) is not only nice and useful, it is simply needed. It would save everyone time because we won't need to ask users to download another Linux live system (such as Fedora*) for the sole purpose of fixing GPT issues (we've seen some in dualboot with Windows). So this program is really a must - I am not exagerating here.

Thanks, James for creating this openFATE and to anyone in this forum, if you trust me a little bit and appreciate the little work I've done here to help users and package programs and scripts, please vote up here: Add Package gptfdisk to ALL openSUSE Installlation Disks

You would save me/us time. Please help us helping you! Vote up for this feature!
We do need gdisk on the live CD!


* Nothing against Fedora of course! I use it too. It's just kind of silly (and time consuming) to have to download a distro live CD to help you installing another one.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: