Nov 4, 2012

openSUSE Forums: How to retaintain WiFi connections on upgrade ?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
How to retaintain WiFi connections on upgrade ?
Nov 4th 2012, 13:52

My recent, easy and successful upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2, on HPDV7 laptop reminds me again to figure out how to NOT lose my acquired WiFi connections.
Too late for this time, I assume, but 12.3 will come soon enough.

I use KDE and Network Manager.

By hacking about I find that Network Manager saves learned connections in
Code:

pwd
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections
carl@HPDV7-Linux:/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections> ll
total 4
-rw------- 1 root root 315 Nov  3 18:10 Cape_WiFi
carl@HPDV7-Linux:/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections>

So task for next time will be to copy the contents of this directory to a temporary location on /home, then copy it back after / is formatted and upgraded.

I have been unable to find where Kwallet saves its wallet files, which included the WiFi connection passcodes.

Can someone point me in a direction on the topic: retaining Kwallet files during upgrade?

Thanks

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: