Feb 12, 2013

openSUSE Forums: SLED 11 and openSuse drivers compatibility

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
SLED 11 and openSuse drivers compatibility
Feb 12th 2013, 10:51

I recently bought an HP laptop (ProBook 4740s) with SLED 11 preinstalled (well it installed upon first powerup from recovery partition).
These few days I've been researching on Linux and my laptop and it seems that my SLED is ' entitled to 90-days of updates' . My SLED didn't come with any activation code (HP licence number) or any install disk.

I was thinking of replacing SLED with openSuse since there are all the drivers for SLED on HP's site. So linux n00b in me thinks that openSuse is the best bet of all the distros that those drivers will work even thou i found a thread from 2010 on this forum that it won't.

I'm asking on this forum cause SLED forums are not so active like this one.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: