Feb 16, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Problem with sound - internal speakers cease to work on openSUSE 12.2

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Problem with sound - internal speakers cease to work on openSUSE 12.2
Feb 16th 2013, 18:44

I have a problem with sound from internal speakers on openSUSE 12.2. I use Toshiba Satellite L750-1N3 laptop, and everything worked OK till a couple of weeks ago (I suppose, till some update). I've had no problems with this laptop and openSUSE (clean install of 12.1, then upgrade to 12.2) for more than a year.

I'll try to describe the problem: After booting the system, the sound works. Then, after a short time playing sound (mp3, youtube video, whatever in whichever application), the sound disappears. When I plug in the headphones or external speakers, they work normally. The only way to reactivate the sound from internal speakers is either to reboot or to play with configuration of the sound card (delete, then configure again, change some settings etc.) in Yast. There is no regular sequence which reactivates the sound (except rebooting). I tried to change the options of the snd-hda-intel module (model, enable_msi, probe_mask, position_fix, power_save) as found in various forums but none of them worked. The multimedia and all necessary applications (as far as I know) are installed and configured correctly.

I found a lot of descriptions of this problem with internal speakers and snd-hda-intel through years, but all the solutions were just for a particular case, not general, and none of them were for my laptop.

Any idea how to try to resolve the problem?

Thanks!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: