Feb 14, 2013

openSUSE Forums: OpenSuSE wont boot again!

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
OpenSuSE wont boot again!
Feb 14th 2013, 22:39

Sorry to sound so negative to start with, but after using OpenSuSE for over 6 years it feels like the number of faults has increased with every release. So yes I have an OpenSuSE 12.2 install that wont boot again, this has happened since I installed some updates. I had a very similar problem with 12.1 where for some reason the OS decided that NFS must start and successfully mount all the shares before the network has been brought up... as you can guess that did not really work well! However the problem is different now (though exhibits the same sort of behavior on boot), I have booted off another CD and disabled NFS but the system still wont boot, it looks like the network configuration has been removed somehow as the machine no longer tries to use DHCP on booting (although it does see the network card). So any advice from someone in the know would be appreciated (I can probally get /var/log/messages.... etc off the machine, but that will have to wait until I can find a USB key), unfortunately I have no idea what updates I installed, YaST told me to install them and I did, but I am typically a bit lazy and will only install updates when there are a few, so it might not be the latest update that caused my problem, but another recent one.

Thanks for your time.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: