Feb 14, 2013

openSUSE Forums: OPENSUSE PPTP VPN SERVER

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
OPENSUSE PPTP VPN SERVER
Feb 14th 2013, 07:48

Hi all,


I have been struggling in the PPTP server setup for 3 weeks.
SERVER OPENSUSE PPTP VPN (OpenSUSE 12.2)
CLIENT WINDOWS 7 / WINDOWS XP

Now, I have already configured those files as follow:
Edit sysctl.conf:
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

chap-secret - finished
options-ppp0 - finished
pptpd.conf - finished

VPN Connection is fine JUST BETWEEN the server and the client.
The problem is:
The network connection of the client BECOME disconnect to the internet network after I have connected to VPN.

So, I know I should do the routing in order to enable the network connection.
That is, the client should connect to the internet through the opensuse server...
But I stuck on this step...
I want to force my client to connect the internet through opensuse gateway...


suppose that I have a real ip for opensuse: 111.111.111.111
subnet mask: 255.255.254.0
Default Gateway: 111.111.111.254
DNS1: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
DNS2: XXX.XXX.XXX.YYY


in pptpd.conf:
localip: 192.168.0.1
remoteip: 192.168.1.100-199

I found that if I connect the client to the VPN, there is a connection ppp0 goes up in the server.
It will disappear when I disconnect the VPN.
So, I think I should config the ppp0 connection but I stuck on it...

Could anyone kindly help me?
Many thanks.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: