Feb 12, 2013

openSUSE Forums: No sound at all on openSUSE 12.2

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
No sound at all on openSUSE 12.2
Feb 12th 2013, 21:38

I have the problem with sound on openSUSE 12.2 (kernel 3.4.28-2.20) since recently. The system is regularly updated from official repository+Pacman. A week or two ago, the problems with sound started, and currently the sound system is in a total mess. First I noticed that sound works just for less than a minute in Skype (I thought that Skype is to blame). After reboot the sound works in all applications just for short, and endless attempts to resolve the problem haven't helped (the sound reappears only after reboot, sometimes after resume or after changing configuration). The problem is the same for all applications (Kaffeine, Skype, VLC player, Chrome...). I tried killing the pulseaudio, it restarts but nothing happens. I also tired to reinstalling all the pulseaudio libraries. I use Toshiba laptop with Intel and nVidia sound cards (both use snd_hda_intel module). I tried to change the primary card to from nVidia to Intel and back, but the sound appears just occasionally for a short time. I tried to configure Phonon, but behavior of the system is the same. I stress that everything have worked flawlessly for more than a year before the problems appeared. Any idea from where to start solving the problem?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: