Feb 12, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Network Cards - 12.2 install

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Network Cards - 12.2 install
Feb 12th 2013, 16:45

I am in a loop.

Installing 12.2. All goes well until I get to the networking part. The box has a wlan nic and a cable nic.

I have Network Manager disabled and IPV6 disabled. There is a comment next to the option to enable Netwrk Manager that says to use traditional ifup. I previous releases, this option was given on a per NIC basis.

I don't want the wlan card at the moment so I "delete" it to put it into unconfigured state. The cable NIC I configure as DHCP, starting on cable plug with ifup priority = 1.

Now, we get to the "Test the connection" bit and it fails. Why? Well, the logs tell me that "interface managed by Network Manager - Skipping"!

If I tell it use Network Manager, that simply fails.

I carry on with the install but, of course no updates etc.

When the system boots to gui at the end. The cable NIC is up and running.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: