Feb 15, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Network adapter and other hardware disappear after parallel installation of 12.2

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Network adapter and other hardware disappear after parallel installation of 12.2
Feb 15th 2013, 08:55

I've installed 12.3 RC1 and am very happy with it, but I wanted to have 12.2 as a stable alternative in a dual-boot configuration. I first installed 12.3, then 12.2 on an LVM partition, keeping the /boot partition I made for 12.3.

Before installing 12.2, 12.3 RC1 was able to access USB sticks and my LAN and WLAN networks without problems. As soon as I installed 12.2, the network was no longer recognized and I couldn't establish any network connections at all. USB sticks and an external DVD reader were also not recognized, not even by YaST's partitioner tool.

Updating my 12.3 installation from the DVD got me my hardware back, but trying to boot into 12.2 ended up booting me into 12.3. I'm happier with that though than not having any network at all, so I've deleted my 12.2 partition and am running only 12.3 now.

Does anybody know how that could be happening though? Both 12.3 and 12.2 were of course installed on different partitions and I didn't even set mount points for the different root partitions - I just had them share the same home partition. So they shouldn't be affecting each others' hardware recognition, right?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: