Feb 13, 2013

openSUSE Forums: 12.3 on Toshiba P855 - and can not change brightness ... :(

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
12.3 on Toshiba P855 - and can not change brightness ... :(
Feb 13th 2013, 12:43

Hey, there,

I tried many distros on my new laptop - Toshiba Satellite P855-108, and on none of them I'm able to change the screen brightness.

Decided to try openSUSE 12.3 KDE - cause it's pretty new, uses very latest kernel, so I assumed many things - that don't work on other distros - would work here. Unfortunately - I'm unable to change the brightness screen, neither from the function keys, nor from the slider in the power settings. (From the slider I see the indicator changes, but no real change of the screen brightness.)

Can you help me? ... It's working on the pre-installed Windows 7, so I think it's not a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance :)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: