Dec 16, 2012

openSUSE Forums: Recommended way to install online updates

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Recommended way to install online updates
Dec 16th 2012, 12:09

Hello,

I am not sure if I understood how to properly install updates to stay on the latest version with Tumbleweed.

I was already told it is not recommended to use Apper to install updates but I found it handy to display notifications when updates are available and I was using YaST Online Updates to install them. But that became confusing since Apper kept showing available updates even after running Online Updates.

Even after using Apper to install the updates it was displaying, it kept saying I need to install the same updates over and over again after rebooting so I figured, after looking around, I had to run zypper dup to really roll on the next version.

That said, here is what I understood:


  • YaST Online Updates will properly install available updates but won't roll to the next openSUSE version automatically;
  • Apper should be avoided;
  • zypper dup must be used to roll on the new versions.


Can you please confirm if this is correct?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: