Dec 14, 2012

openSUSE Forums: GPU Acceleration not working (used ATIUpgrade install script)

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
GPU Acceleration not working (used ATIUpgrade install script)
Dec 14th 2012, 18:27

I tried running:
HTML5 Fish Bowl

and I get only 8fps in Firefox and Chrome and 4fps in Opera. They rely on the GPU acceleration of the graphics driver. I installed ATIUpgrade (See: https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...tiupgrade.html ) to properly install the drivers. It ran perfectly (I installed them months ago with atiupgrade) with no errors. However, I'm clearly not getting hardware acceleration.

I tried running atiupgrade again today (to see if there were any updates) and got the response:
Code:

(1) - Analyzing system...
* Found ATI graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6410D
/usr/bin/atiupgrade: line 324: AMD Radeon 6 * 1: syntax error in expression (error token is "Radeon 6 * 1")

My System info:
Code:

Vendor:  ATI Technologies Inc
2D driver:  fglrx
3D driver:  ATI

OS:  Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop x86_64
System:  openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64)
KDE:  4.8.5 (4.8.5) "release 522"

Processor (CPU):  AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Speed:  2,700.00 MHz
Cores:  2

Total memory (RAM):  11.5 GiB
Free memory:  8.2 GiB (+ 1.4 GiB Caches)
Free swap:  3.8 GiB

ATIUpgrade Version: atiupgrade-5.2-3.1.noarch

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: