Dec 14, 2012

openSUSE Forums: A couple of problems after transition 11.4 -> 12.2

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
A couple of problems after transition 11.4 -> 12.2
Dec 14th 2012, 14:21

I have just upgraded from 11.4 to 12.2 (64 bit) on a Lenovo X220t. I was unhappy with Gnome, so I 1-click installed Cinnamon from Cinnamon Factory. After some juggling with fonts trying to improve clarity, I switched to Ftce and this seems to suit me. The problem that is puzzling me is that for the past couple of days when I attempt a software upgrade under YaST I get the following (for example):

File './noarch/yast2-online-update-configuration-2.19.0-4.1.noarch.rpm' not found on medium 'Index of /distribution/12.2/repo/oss' , File './x86_64/kile-2.0.99beta5-6.9.1.x86_64.rpm' not found on medium 'Index of /distribution/12.2/repo/oss' , File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium 'Index of /distribution/12.2/repo/non-oss'

Om another (perhaps related) issue, I would like to use Kile, but my repeated attempts to install have always thrown up the request that I make about a thousand decisions/compromises which I am unqualified to assess - it seems a bad bet to slog through a list of such magnitude, because experience suggests there is little prospect of eventual success.

Any suggestions? Thanks, JDW

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: