Jan 9, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Rebind menu key to ctrl?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Rebind menu key to ctrl?
Jan 9th 2013, 14:33

Hello all,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but it seemed the closest.
My problem is that on my laptop I want to rebind the menu key to be CTRL (I'm an emacs user and the r-ctrl key is too far for my pinky to reach comfortably). Now, I actually have this working using the following .xmodmaprc:
Code:

keycode 135 = Control_R
add Control = Control_R
!map menu to Control_R

The trouble is, every time I sleep my laptop, upon waking I need to re-run xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc
I've tried adding this to my wake protocal in sleep.pm, but apparently it doesn't work because .pm is unaware of which xterm will be used. So, my question is twofold:
1) Is there a way to make sure this xmodmap comes back appropriately after sleep?
and 2) If not, is there some other way to rebind my key to control?

Thanks!
KDE 4, openSUSE 12.2, Acer Aspire Timeline X

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: