Jan 11, 2013

openSUSE Forums: A program has different response with user mode and superuser mode

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
A program has different response with user mode and superuser mode
Jan 11th 2013, 12:53

Hi,

I am new to Linux. I want to install a DSP program. It does not behave as the program two provider advices say.

One advice is like this:


I try installing CCS v5.3 on Linux OPENSUSE 12.1, 64 bit as the link procedures:

Forums - Code Composer Forum - Code Composer Studio - TI E2E Community


When the dialogue box asks for install path, it says I have no permission after I select to /opt/ti path. I try to select /usr/blackhawk/ti, it seems it can continue (but I abort it before I get confirmed this has no trouble later). This is not as expected as the advice.


The other advice is thoroughly in superuser mode. As a superuser, I try to install CCS v5.3 as root mode.It has no response first:

linux-iu5j:/tmp/ccsv5_install/CCS5.3.0.00090_linux # ./ccs_setup_5.3.0.00090.bin &
[1] 6678
Then, when I press enter key, it shows:

linux-iu5j:/tmp/ccsv5_install/CCS5.3.0.00090_linux #

[1]+ Stopped ./ccs_setup_5.3.0.00090.bin
That is, the installer does not response (no install window shows up) in superuser mode. In user mode, it cannot be installed to /opt/ti path.

My question is whether this is understandable. Or some of my procedures are wrong?



Please give your advice.


Thanks

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: