Jan 8, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Logging in to KDE or enlightenment shows screen full of garbage.

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Logging in to KDE or enlightenment shows screen full of garbage.
Jan 9th 2013, 03:24

I am having a real problem with logging in to KDE or enlightenment. KDM runs fine and the display is readable but when I choose either KDE or enlightenment when I get to the desktop the whole screen is jumbled up and I have to use ctrl-alt-backspace to close the session and get back to the login screen. However, I can log in to IceWM and the screen is fine. I just installed (a few days ago) the 64 bit ati drivers I downloaded from the ati site and everything was working great but now I have no idea what happened. I uninstalled the ati drivers but I still have the same problem. I reinstalled and updated openSUSE and still no go. So, here I am looking to the openSUSE experts to lend me a hand. Not sure where I need to go from here?

Thank you!


-------------------------------------------------
Thomas Little BA Sociology
Ontario, Canada--> "The True North, Strong and Free"



You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: