Jan 8, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Is Firewall useful?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Is Firewall useful?
Jan 8th 2013, 18:22

Dear all, I am working in a local university at a system that has a static ("bought"/global) ip address. I am connected to my department's lan from where (through a gateway) I am getting access to the internet. There are of course set up firewalls from the university authorities. I wonder how much helpful would be to also enable my firewall and how should I configure it? I am running ssh and remote desktop service being able to connect to my computer remotely Regards Alex

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: