Jan 10, 2013

openSUSE Forums: Dell Studio 1558 Display Driver problem?

openSUSE Forums
openSUSE Forums
Dell Studio 1558 Display Driver problem?
Jan 11th 2013, 05:44

Hey everyone, I've been using openSUSE 12.2 64-bit KDE for the past two weeks or so on my Dell Studio 1558 laptop, and I've been having this weird problem with the display.

Basically, if I use the keyboard button to dim the display, but am not careful about how many times I push the button, this happens:

After this happens, I have to restart the computer by holding in the power button.

Usually, I can reproduce this, but not always. Anyone have any idea what is going on here or how to fix it?

On a side note, this was one of the reasons I initially left Ubuntu 11.x, because this thing happened quite frequently. With openSUSE, I've accidentally triggered it just twice.

This may be in the wrong forum category, but I am not sure what exactly is the problem or where to put it.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: